Donnerstag, 10. Mai 2012

These shoes were made for walking...

...and I want to walk in colour :)
(especially while having in mind that tomorrow will be my last day of school...weird....)

So let's colour shoes!

I saw many many projects which included remodeling shoes, though I never really believed that it would work out. Best way to find out: Try it!
And I might say it worked out better than I ever thought it would.


You'll need:
  • shoes (best would be old ones or some inexpensive ones (in case it does not work out))
  • glue (I use UHU Bastelkleber. It does glue everything!!)
  • toothpick
  • scissors
  • fabric
Lapidary, there are three steps:


Cut. Glue. Cut.

In reality: Step one is easy. Step two as well...step three will need some time.

I cut pieces of fabric with a lot of excess. I started spreading out the glue and put the pieces of fabric on it.
Cut around the fabric so it fits the form. This sounds difficult but it's ok (You'll get practise. The second shoe took me half the time!) Use your toothpick to push the fabric under the edges of the shoe fabric and seal with glue.
You're done :)



What might be helpful:
I used small and pointed scissors which made it easier to cut close and accurate.
Don't use too much glue or it will leak through the fabric and make it look wonky.
I started at the front and finished at my heals by flipping the fabric ones (just as you would do it while seaming)

If you have any questions: Don't be afraid to ask :)

I'm off to do some chores...



4 Kommentare:

  1. ah, cool! Sowas wollte ich auch machen! XD meine Ballerinas sind etwas schmutzig und sehn gammelig aus... ich hab überlegt, sie mit stofffarbe zu übermalen vorne..aber stoff draufkleben find ich auch gut... :)
    liebe grüße, hanna

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Stoffarbe geht auch super! Bei den meisten Stoffarben steht zwar was von Bugeln drauf, ein Föhn geht stattdessen aber auch....wahhh bei deinem coolen Linolschnitten könntest du ja auch Schuhe bedrucken!!! :D
    <3

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. dann müsste ich die allerdings auseinander schneiden!XD denn unter der Presse werden die ja platt gemacht!
    aber ich bedrucke ja auch stoff... vlt kleb ich den drauf? mal sehen... hält das denn gut?

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. ich bin selber überrascht aber es hält wirklich gut o.o bis jetzt hat sich nix gelöst oder so. und wenn man die richtige menge kleber nimmt sieht der stoff auch weiterhin wunderbar "stoffig" aus xD

    hihi und der presse gepresste schuhe. aber stell dir die schuhe mit deinem tollen Pusteblumen stoff vor!!!! *Neid*

    AntwortenLöschen