Donnerstag, 31. Januar 2013

Brownie Cookies {Confessions and the normal stuff}

In all the mid-craziness around here I'm also trying to get rid of a couple of kilos I took with me from my time in Canada. Anyway. I'm not planning on loosing all what I've gained (There is nothing wrong with some curves, right? Right!...and I guess I'm also too lazy...) but I'm just used to a different body-feeling which I'm planning to get back.

So recently I've been trying to cut short on sweets and food in general. Not too much, but a bit. Also: Healthy! So a lot of vegetables, less to no meat, instead more tofu, yogurt etc. And sport (I've got rather creative since I've been used to bootcamp sessions by one of my friends but couldn't afford buying all the equipment. Maybe I'll post about it later).

So, thanks to our weather improvement (at least it got warmer. We don't want to talk about the heavy wind and rain) I was able to go for a first run in a long long time. Loved it.


But, let's face it: Everyone I need some sugar everyday if I could from time to time. And I love chocolate and peanut butter and cookies and cream (and probably everything your not supposed to have too often) but thanks to a certain approaching shitty week and my endless craving I decided I was in for a treat!


 Brownie cookies adapted from {never}homemaker
Her recipe is vegan (originally) and I also was too lazy to look for everything in my mums kitchen didn't have everything on hand she did...so I tweaked a bit...

Makes about 8 large cookies
  • 1/4 cup (55gr) butter
  • 1/4 cup (55gr) brown sugar
  • a few drops vanilla essence
  • 1 teaspoon ground flax meal (That's what the original recipe said, I wasn't sure what it actually is so I used 1 teaspoon flax seeds...worked!)
  • 1 shot milk (just a bit to for the consistency)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 (60gr) cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • pinch salt
  • 1 teaspoon cocoa powder (the dark one)
  • 2 teaspoons cocoa powder (the one you use for hot chocolates)
  • a handful chopped pecan nuts
  • 50gr roughly chopped white chocolate
I didn't really had a lot of icing sugar left (The best proof you can get that I wasn't around for quite a while. Normaly where I am there is somehow icing sugar ate the end)
Flax seeds....not sure if this was what was supposed to be in it but it worked anyway

1. Beat together butter, sugar and egg.
2. Add vanilla essence and salt.
3. Add flour, baking powder, flax seeds and cocoa powder alternating with the milk.
4. At the end fold in the nuts and chocolate.
5. Pile onto a sheet of baking paper and put them into the oven at 180°C/350°F for about 15 to 20 minutes. Be careful: Mine spread out quite a bit!

They are super soft and gooey on the inside and light and crisp on the outside. I just love them! Especially if you make some cream cheese frosting to sandwich two cookies together...so you don't feel guilty about actually eating two...because you're not! Right!? It's ONE sandwich cookie!!!!!

ps - for the icing I just combined my leftover icing sugar and cream cheese with a tiny bit of milk. Original recipe I normally use can be found here.

And please ignore my nails. They are about to be done right now ;)

Enjoy ;)

2 Kommentare: