Mittwoch, 30. November 2011

DIY: Twine Dispenser

Just a quick DIY because I'm trying anything else to avoid doing stuff I'm supposed to do. But isn't this the way life works? :)
And I also need something to distract myself  from noticing that it is dark outside for pretty much the whole time. I don't like it. At least it could start snowing. Couldn't it?
So something small, random and sth to use your old yogurt cups :)







Cut out the surroundings so you don't have any raisings that get into your way. (I think it is possible to skip this step. If your not averse against any edges :)
Note: You'll need two cups. My picture only shows one but there is another one sitting on my lap, waiting to be cut.



Make a hole in one of the cups. This will be your upper one. 
I also cut a circle out of scrapbooking paper and made a hole in it too. Glue it to the top.  
Fill in the twine nicely and floss it. Then glue the cups together. I used sallow tape. It did not look very nice. But I'll cover it anyway. 
For the decoration (cover for all the ugly sallow tape) I used some fabric and stuff I had on hand. The fabric was sewn into ruffles and glued to my cup (hot glue gun! You can do everything with it).



At the end I tied a small ribbon around it, added a button and a "y" for "ähm...Yay" (I just wanted to add something. The "Y" was an excuse). And it's done. Easy fast and handy.


My lovely Twine-Dispenser :)





Have a nice evening :)



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen